Recycled Tin



Upcycling is a wonderful art. Rupa Swaminathan, upcycling Queen from India, is my inspiration. She is on a preaching spree, through her work, that every object around us, has to be respected. When you have such an inspiring artiste around you, every junk is a treasure. 😇

Now you know where I'm coming to. When i received a tin of Gulab Jamun the other day, i was literally on cloud nine. My husband knows i don't relish jamuns much and was wondering what is going on. My daughter understood the motive behind my happiness and all they could say was "God save her from her craziness." Yes!!! The jamun tin was a treasure from the trash. I gave it a makeover, so that it can be used as pen stand, cutlery holder, mobile holder... You can attribute any number of uses as you want.









Here's what i did for the ongoing Rhedd's Creative Spirit Callenge 

I applied a coat of white heavy gesso and let it dry. Then dabbed a little salty ocean and gave a watery wash for the background. When this dried,  I applied 3D gloss gel with lattice stencil on the tin for additional effects.

 While this was drying, i die cut a few gears from the Peek a boo Gears die set. Next I smeared the Versamark on these die cuts and added Black glitter embossing powder, Platinum embossing powder and Copper embossing powder and heat set them. They looked like real gears with the metallic sheen on them.

I then used blue sapphire distress ink with grid stencil for the background on the tin. Adhered the gears along with a few more metal embellishments and art stones. Then using Vivid acrylic colour Copper added colour to the embellishments.

Finally, I smudged inka gold old gold and art alchemy metallique wax Red amber to highlight the art stones, gears and other areas. 

Later I felt the rim area looked a little empty. So with Wilted Violet Distress ink, i distressed the edges and added a matching jute cord to finish the project. 








http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.in

Comments

  1. What a fabulous altered tin..love the cogs and the rust effect..so practical too.
    Thank you so much for joining us in this months challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment