Altered Bottle

Use your favourite stamp or cutting die along with your favourite embellishment.

This is the theme for Peekaboo blog October Challenge.

Here's my take on the challenge: Altered Bottle.




I had an old ketchup bottle and when this challenge came up I knew what to do. I cleaned the bottle and gave a coat of heavy gesso. When this dried, I applied Finnabair Texture paste White Sand and White Crackle. I let it dry.




Next I adhered few metal embellishments with glue gun. While this was drying, I die cut the leaves from the Peekaboo dual leaf die using my big shot. I stuck this too along with the embellishments.




 I wanted the whole thing to look rustic. So I went for the patina pastes Brass, Mint Green and Blue. First coated the entire project with brass. Then did the dry brush technique with blue and mint green.




Finally with Red Amber metallique wax, added depth here and there to bring out the grungy look to the project.





http://peek-a-boodesigns.blogspot.in/2017/10/october-challenge.html




http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.in/2017/11/november-challenge-over-here-at-altered.html#

Comments

  1. This is just wow!! looking fab! Thanks for playing along PABD October challenge.
    Ruchi
    DT Peek-a-boo Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment