Mask Decor

Hi all
I'm at the Rhedd's Creative Spirit Blog today with an interesting work.

I created this mask on a bamboo base and adhered it to the MDF board. First I used Fevicryl Mould It (a craft clay that is got by mixing resin and hardener) for the facial features on a bamboo base. I had this base in my stash for a very long time. Let it dry. It takes just an hour to dry. In the meantime I painted the MDF base with very light  Acrylic green. Applied Folkart Crackle Medium and when it was nearly dry, gave the top coat with very light yellow colour. Adhered the Bamboo base to the MDF base using the Mould it again so that it doesn't come off. Then I coloured the bamboo with a mix of Fevicryl Acrylic Indian red and Burnt Sienna. Tada... My mask decor is ready.

Hope you liked it. Have a great day!!!

Comments

  1. I love the boldness of this piece Priya! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea. Very interesting technique and design. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mask is amazing..love that you created it from a piece of bamboo..so clever..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Fab piece Priya! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was curious about the ingredients you used... very clever assemblage for a beautiful and deep result!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment