Ideas with Sentiments

Hi everyone
I'm at the Craftreat blog. I recently received a bunch of new Craftreat Stencils that was released by Priya. Oh my!!! What a beautiful release!!! The moment I got these on my hands, my world of imagination opened up diverse possibilities for my DT inspiration.

Project 1: Owl Canvas 
An old Owl once said... Observe and Reflect; Become wiser everyday. 
I believe every household will have some Wise Owls who keep telling this. Everybody can relate to this quote. This quote inspired me and here you go.

For this project, I have used the Craftreat's Be Wise Stencil. So I started by applying Modeling paste through the stencil, let it dry and fussy cut the image. Then with Fevicryl Pearl Metallic Gold, I coloured the Owl. I chose Gold to reflect the maturity that comes with age. For the background canvas, I did the marbling technique with multiple colours from Folkart Marbling Paints. Let it dry. Then adhered the Owl and the sentiments to the canvas. I am totally in love with this canvas and I feel, it would be a personalised gift for elders for their 60th or 70th or 75th birthday or their benchmark anniversaries to show our respect... Or they could gift it to their loved ones as a piece of advice.

Project 2: Hot Air Ballon Canvas 
This is one of my favourite very cute stencil and I love hot air balloons. Whenever I see it(ofcourse I have seen only in movies), I always have this thought... to whatever height one goes or gets fame, one must stay humble. There are many things that will reflect this thought but this balloon is always open to the sky and the world around it. We can enjoy the beauty of this colourful world as we go higher.
Too much sentiments right???

I have used the Craftreat's Soar High stencil. I applied modelling paste, let it dry and fussy cut the image. Next distressed the image with Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides. For the background, I used the Acrylic Tube colours and gave a textured effect with Knife painting technique. Later assembled all to finish my canvas. 

Project 3: Greeting Card 

There's always a saying.. Say it with Cards and here I have used the Craftreat's Music Speaks Stencil. Again I applied Modelling Paste through the stencil and let it dry. Gave a wash with Candied Apple Distress Oxide. Added some sparkling Silver Paint and adhered to a base card from Mr. Perfect collection.

Hope you liked it. Have a great day!!!

Comments

Post a Comment