Twin Tags - 200th Blog post

Hello my friends! 
What a lovely day! And it's been so for the past week. I go for an early morning walk everyday at about 5:30am. And when I'm done, I sit by the swimming pool (we live in an apartment) with it's cool breeze brushing against my face, the delightful songs of the birds in the air and just admiring the sky full of vibrant colours. And on this particular day, the sky was a brilliant boost of pink, orange and yellow and complementing this was the more faded fray of purple, blue and gray. The sky was a worthy battlefield for the two mighty rulers, the solemn sun and the magnificent moon. And there in that moment I saw one handing over the baton to the other and in the most noble fashion admitting defeat saying, "you may have won now but I'll be back soon". And that's when it struck me. They never give up. No matter what they're always back. Every dawn and every dusk, you can see them both, almost together. They inspire you to achieve greatness and to always keep going ahead. They made me realise that nothing is permanent in this world except change.

My interpretation of this month's Dusty Attic moodboard is a reflection of this charade. The moodboard colour palette was absolutely perfect and this post being my 200th, I have used all my favourite supplies. I have tried to capture the essence of what I experience everyday with these tags. 



This is the mood board that inspired me. 

Here's the brief synopsis of the process
Pasted a layer of Melange tissue paper to the tags and coated with white gesso.
Applied modelling paste through a stencil and let it dry.
Added stamps with archival inks.
Coloured the tags with Lindy's Sprays and Magical shakers and let it dry.
In the meantime heat embossed the Dusty Attic Chipboards with Gold and silver Embossing powders.
Stained the embellishments and the gauze with same respective base colours.
Layered the gauze, chipboards, embellishments and added some art stones and microbeads.
Highlighted with Art waxes, splattered some black ink and finally added the sentiments. 










Dusty Attic chipboards used are
https://www.dustyattic.com.au/products.php?product=Geo-Tribal-Motif-%231

https://www.dustyattic.com.au/products.php?product=Geo-Tribal-Motif-%232

Hope you like it. Have a great day!!!

Entering my project to
http://dustyatticblog.blogspot.com

http://blog.prikaallaboutcrafts.com/2019/06/blog-challenge-june-2019-quoted.html

Comments

  1. Oh- wow the both are awesome with fab colour choice! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear , Gorgeous mixed media art, thank you for participating in our blog challenge- Quoted. looking forward u to join us for another lovely challenges.
    Founder and Crafter
    Priyanka Singh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some amazing work Priya. Loved the colors. Thank you for participating in Prika blog June Challenge. All the best.

    -- Shweta
    Craft Inspirator, Prika

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment