Resolutions

Resolutions...
This word has intrigued me for a very long time... Why do we take resolutions only on the start of the New Year???
I always believe Now is the right moment to start anything new, maybe because taking resolutions is easy but to follow it is difficult. I'm a follower of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother's principles. That's how I ended up doing this art journal page for Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge as part of my DT work. The theme for this month is Layers.

On my journal, I pasted burlap and adhered a few bits from Tim Holtz Melange tissue paper. With Kaiser Craft stencil and Modelling Paste added interest to the background. With Prima stencil and Finnabair gold Crackle medium, added another layer on top. Distressed the edges of the page with Vintage Photo ink. Added one more layer with Dusty Attic stencil and Vintage Photo distress ink. Added some more interest with Script stamp and Archival Black ink. Finally wrote the quote on black Card stock with gold ink and adhered it to complete my journal. 
Here are a few more closeups








Comments