Mirror on the wall

"Why do we fall sir??..... So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again."
This is my favourite quote from the Batman trilogy. It is a very simple quote with a lot of meaning to it. To be very frank, I'm one such person who keeps tripping and falling on my face and I do mean both literally and figuratively.
By nature I'm a very optimistic person and I never really give up easily. To me, it has always been intriguing if I don't get something at first or if I trip and fall. That can't be it, I have to try it over and over till I can really master it. And then I can look back at the younger me and really tell myself, 'We did it!'. I always take it up as a challenge to improve myself. I believe that every obstacle that life throws at us, is an opportunity to grow stronger and better. We must believe in ourselves. We may not succeed immediately but give it time and we definitely will.

Today I'm at the Splashy Mix Challenges blog with my first DT post - An altered embroidery hoop mixed media layout. This frame depicts my innerself. Every element that I have incorporated has its own story.


Lots of different products have gone into the making of this frame. Let's get to the step by step synopsis.
1. Took an embroidery ring and applied Finnabair Black Sand and Immix Crackle texture paste and let it dry.
2. Printed a wooden plank texture background and cut it to the size of the ring. Applied Finnabair clear gesso and let it dry.
3. Worked 3D gloss gel through Craftreat Flower burst stencil on the wooden texture print to let it dry. Created depth around the stencil work with Lindy's Magical Shakers.
4. Used Staz on timber brown to stamp the old book pages stamp from Rubber Dance.
5. Adhered the base to the ring. Applied black gesso over the ring.
6. While this was drying, applied clear gesso to some chippies from Expressions Craft. Gave a rustic effect with Finnabair Rust Effect Pastes Dusty, Dark Brown, Olive Green for few and rubbed Distress ink Antique Linen and heat embossed with clear embossing powder for few chippies.
7. Applied black gesso over Prima IOD mould and metal embellishment.
8. Smeared art waxes Bronze Age, Inca Gold Old Silver and Lucky emerald over the rusty base chippies and the embroidery frame.
9. Layered all the chippies, flowers and all embellishments along with my Photo.
10. Added art stones and Immix mini art stones along with POP micro beads.
11. Finally added my quote and splashed black paint to bring everything together.

I have created a detailed video on the making of my project. Click below to see the step by step procedure.

Our Sponsors
Prizes
International Challenge Winner
(as voted by our DT)
30$ USD value Prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS
National Challenge Winner
(as voted by our DT)
Rs. 1000 value Prize from DIE CUTS AND MORE

3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT in no particular order)
One DT favourite will receive a goodie bag from LETZCRAFT STORE and will be our Guest Designer the following month. 

Comments

  1. This is fabulous, thank you for joining us over a Bleeding Art.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic project, you created beautiful composition! Thank you for joining MTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project. Love all layers and embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Expressions craft blog challenge
    VarshaDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priya, you are an amazing artist! I'm proud to be with you on this awesome team! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at More than Words xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work.. Thanks for joining us at MTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful Priya 🙂
    Thanks for participating in Expressions Craft challenge.

    Manasa Priya,
    DT, Expressions Craft ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully designed canvas. Love the details. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, dear Priya! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Project! Thanks for playing along Expressions Craft's monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment