Home Decor Ideas and Organiser

Hi everyone... Today I'm on the Craftreat blog with some home decor projects. 

Project 1: Round clock
I took an MDF round base of 12" diameter. Gave a coat a  Folkart Home Decor Chalk Paint Sheepskin. Next I applied Distress Crackle Paint Clear rock Candy and as it dried, small tiny cracks started appearing. I then applied the Folkart Antiquing Medium Wooden Bucket over the cracks and before it dried used a wet tissue and wiped out the excess to give an antique effect to the base. I then took the Finnabair Graphite Paste and applied over the Craftreat Ornate Clock Stencil 12"/12". Voila... the Clock is ready.

Project 2: Square Clock
For this clock I took a Square MDF base. Applied Folkart Home Decor Chalk Paint Summer Porch base coat. Next applied  Folkart Crackle medium and let it dry. Mixed Folkart Multisurface Paint Orange and Multisurface Paint Real Brown to get new shade( that's typical of me)... LOL!!! Applied this new shade over the dried crackle medium and tada...... see the beauty... Aren't the cracks looking gorgeous!!! When the base was ready. I placed the Craftreat Hexagon Doily Stencil 12"/12" and with Folkart Multisurface Paint Liquorice, sponge dabbed and let it dry. Placed the Craftreat Octagon Doily Stencil 6"/6" and again sponge dabbed the liquorice colour. Fixed the clock mechanism and now it is functional.

Project 3: Desktop organiser and small Tray
For this I used the Craftreat's Mr. Perfect Paper Pack on MDF base. Adhered two contrasting papers from the pack using Mod Podge. Painted the rest of the area with Bluish Grey shade acrylic paint to match with the colour in the paper. This goes perfect as Office Desktop Organizer. 

Hope you like the projects. Have a great day!!!

Comments

  1. I love ALL of your projects.....the clocks are so beautiful and the desk set very nice!!! You have inspired me to start sharing some of my other crafts like that for this new year. Thank you :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janie. Your encouragement means a lot to me

      Delete

Post a Comment