Just Begin Journal Cover

Lack of ideas or inspirations?? Is anyone out there have starting problem for a project or is it just me?I have a hunch that more than half of you would agree with me. I always have this mental block before starting a project... be it in dance or art projects.

"I'm not getting any idea or inspiration! Why do I have no creative juices flowing at all??"
"Oh my!! How big is this painting.? Will I be able to finish it on time??"
"The amount of effort I have to put in really scares me. So maybe I will start later."
"The rhythm of the song is complicated. So I will not do this."
"Will everyone like what I do??"

These are some obstacles I face before starting a project, be it mixed media or card or layout or painting or even dance. From my childhood, I have been trained to do everything perfect in dance. That training on being a perfectionist..... the pressure I put on myself is so unbelievable, that many times, I struggle to do even small things in a normal way. In this world, creativity is a matter of survival. I'm a full-time artist, teacher and choreographer... this sounds interesting until you have to deliver no matter what the state of affairs are. My self doubt hits me hard every time I try something new.
This is where I take a step back and pause. (At least my family knows when I should stop... LOL!!!) For me, art should be something I should enjoy and emote. It has to be therapeutic and should help me relax. But sometimes I lose myself in the process of getting my art perfect that I get carried away and end up being caged and pressurised, letting this feeling overtake me.
As an artist, I yearn for popularity and want positive comments and want to be appreciated by all. This shouldn't be my ultimate goal. I realised the subtle difference of creating art for myself and for others. I understood that not all art should appeal to others. There can be some imperfect art that feed my soul.
So whenever I feel pressurised, uninspired or unmotivated, I just calm down, relax, breathe deeply to relieve myself of my pent up emotions. Once I'm ready, I start my process because eventually I have to do it. I generally have fun with my experiments. Now I have come to terms that all experiments cannot be successful and that some may go wrong. These faulty experiments teach me much more than the right ones, that the process of conducting is of more relevance. All that matters to me now is to "Just begin" because time is of essence. Starting out is always the hard part, and once this obstacle is overcome, everything will be a breeze at doing. Go ahead!! Just Begin!!!

So I created this journal cover to keep me motivated and focussed. This is my DT inspiration for the Craftreat blog. Head over to the Craftreat blog to check out the process synopsis. I have uploaded the video in my channel.

You can check the process by clicking this.


Hope you like it. Have a great day!!!

Linking my project to the following challenges











Comments

  1. Thankyou for entering the challenge this month - your journal cover is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Your words describe me too. I just created my first art journal page and loved the freedom of just doing it. Yeah, Nike sure hit the nail on the head with their slogan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/ Wow beautifull project Thank you for sharing your project with the DT from We Love To Create, Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal! I like the sentiment… sometimes I hope inspiration would find me.
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.
    Please keep in mind that you have to be a follower in order to win the prize. When you already following us everything is fine.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#26 –Mixed Media}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#26 – You are in my heart}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#56 – Valentine}
    Alex' Kreative Seite


    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Journal cover!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us here at the Dusty Attic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great motivation. What fabulous journal cover. I love your colour choices. Thanks for joining us at ‘Do-Al(l) Creatives’. I look forward to see more of your creations. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! this journal cover is absolutely stunning!
    thanks for playing with us at Art Playground challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god your cover is stunning! REally love your style!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Dusty Attic :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW... it is gorgeous! I love the metallic rustic look on your mixed media project.
    Thank you for sharing with us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.
    Hope to see you will play along with us again in March!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment