Beach as I remember

Hi everyone!!!
I was born in the city which has one of the longest beaches in the world.
Yes!!!
Chennai!!! My home town.😍
And believe it or not my house is just 5 km from the beach. I have great memories associated with Marina Beach. Almost every weekend either my dad or my uncles used to take turns to take me to the beach. This is the best time to spend the Summer holidays. The waves, the shells, the sand castle that I used to build, salty air mixed with the smell of roasted Corns and fish, the fishing boats, fishing nets, the lighthouse..... every thing... absolutely everything..... I love those memories that make me smile everytime I think about them. The legend now continues with my children too.

Here's my first DT post for Crafts Dreamy Blog. My take on the moodboard. Now you see me... why I was talking about the beach...



On a cardstock, I applied Aleen's Tacky glue and sprinkled real beach sand which was a treasured possession in my stash. Using Lindy's magicals coloured the water part. With Finnabair Paper texture paste, gave the waves effect for the shore. Cut out the Lighthouse from the Bob and Betty paper and adhered to the base. I love collecting shells from the beach. Added them and few more embellishments to the base. Finally wrote my sentiment.  

Linking it to the following challenges.

Comments

  1. So beautiful, what lovely memories, thank you for sharing them. I love this Priya, and how you have used real sand from the beach. Hugs Zowie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing project. Love all the bits and pieces. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613. You have made a beautiful keepsake there with a lot of treasured memories! Thank you for describing your process - that makes it a really interesting read. Nicely done Priya!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project. Reminds me of the lovely days spent on the beach during summer. Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday Challenges. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment