Frosted Glass


Hey everyone... I'm at the craftshop blog today with a totally different inspiration.

Yes... it is an inspiration post... not my usual step by step pictoral guide. Don't want to be modest here... I was so engrossed with my work that I forgot to take pictures. 😁

Have you ever wondered how people get the nice frosty look on glass???
The reason why I forgot to take pictures is because of the frosty look that I got with the Plaid Folkart  Glass and Tile Medium. Yes.. I have to blame it totally, because I just love the look.



Materials used for this project..
Plaid Folkart Glass and Tile Medium
Plaid Folkart Multisurface Paint Cardinal Red
Plaid Folkart Multisurface Paint Real Brown
Plaid Folkart Multisurface Paint Titanim White
Plaid Folkart Multisurface Paint Daffodil Yellow
Plaid Folkart Multisurface Paint Liquorice
Plaid Folkart Multisurface Paint Classic Green
Plaid Double Loading Carousel
Plaid One Stroke brushes

Here's the procedure.



Take the wine glass and rub it with alcohol. Then put tape around the top edges and the bottom. Now apply a nice coat of the Plaid Folkart Glass and Tile Medium. Let it dry completely. Oh...  I am totally in love with this medium.




Now you know why. Till it dried I was ok. 😁This is where I forgot to take pictures. Started with the cardinal. Load the 10" flat brush with cardinal red and real brown and paint the body and face of the bird. Then give daisy strokes for feathers.

Next mix a little of brown, yellow and white. Do the beak of the bird with this colour. Then with the small script liner, paint the patch on the face with liquorice.

Then with brown and white, draw the branches. Add daisy stroke leaves with classic green and white. Allow it to dry.


Slowly remove the top and bottom tapes. Tada..... the Wine glass is ready. 👏👏👏When totally dry, give a top coat with Glass and Tile medium.





Remember... this is for decorative purposes only. However, it can be wiped with wet cloth.




Comments

Post a Comment